Karthik is turning 10 this June 18th. It is hard to see that TEN full years have passed by. With the first kid a boy, I was expecting a girl inside by tummy during 2002 June. But Vythi’s close friend was sure that it is going to be Lord Muruga who will be born, because without him, we weren’t a complete Shiva family(Vythianathan – Lord Siva, Uma – Parvathy, and elder son, Vignesh – Lord Ganesha)!! So, Karthik, who was expected by me as Kirthiga, happily came into this world on June 18th 2002.
Karthik, as his name suggests Lord Muruga, should have six different faces. But my Karthik has more!! May be it gets difficult to count as he keeps growing…
Let me try to highlight the TEN AVATARS of my cute little Karthik:
- EEE (Ever Energetic Extrovert) In the past ten years, I have never seen Karthik awake without doing anything. Right from the moment he gets up until he hits the bed, he cannot remain idle even for a second.
- A Shane Warne in his cricket class: Karthik had been going for Cricket coaching class for the past three years..Initially, he used to switch between fast bowling and leg spin bowling. Finally, his coach said that he can practice to become a leg spin bowler as he was better in that. His bowling style had impressed his coach who now calls him as “Shane Karthik” comparing him with the legendary Shane Warne.
- Notorious Karthik in School: This avatar requires a separate series of posts to describe every event that made me and my better half to stand in front of Karthik’s teacher/school principal on several occasions for various reasons…To highlight one, while in UKG, Karthik’s class teacher had gone out of the class for a few minutes during the first period of the day. He immediately formed a gang, and started singing and dancing to a popular Vijay song at that time, “Pokkiri Pongal”. The kids refused to go their places even when the teacher had returned. The class teacher complained to the principal. And she rang me to come and meet her immediately. I had just left the two kids at school and reached office when the call came. I had to rush back to school to meet the authorities…Till date, not even a single year has passed by without any complaints at school!!
- A enthusiastic dancer: He loves dancing…Waits for stage and wherever he finds one, we can see him dancing to any tune that his played.
- Mridangam player: As a kid, he was over energetic and his Pre-school teacher advised us to put him into something which might drain some good amount of his energy. Being a music lover, I thought I will make him attend Mridangam classes. At 3, he was the youngest in his group to play Mridangam…He has got it into his heart and soul that his hands involuntarily keeps playing upon his body some musical note or the other!!
- A decent swimmer: Although, we have a swimming pool in our apartment, we never taught the kids formal swimming. Vythi was initially with the kids for a few days until they came out of the fear towards water. But Karthik grabbed every opportunity in the pool, made friends with elders around and mastered the art of swimming in various styles. His everyday activity this summer holidays, has been swimming for hours together with his friends.
- Art/Book lover: He loves art and craft work – does them with great passion….Loves to read a lot…(may be taken after me!!)
- Beautiful Brother: The two boys fight with each other quite often, but cannot be without one another’s company! Whenever Vignesh goes out somewhere and is not seen for a few minutes, Karthik would get tensed and keep on nagging me about Vignesh, until he sees his brother coming towards us!
- Great friend: He is a guy who can win friends easily. He is the most wanted kid in our apartment. Be it a small five year old girl who lives opposite our house or a fifteen year old boy calling to play cricket, he has friends in many age groups and adjusts himself according to the group he is in.
- a Loving son: What else do, we as parents need?? He is always concerned, loving and at the same time pestering to play this or that or buy some stuff or the other. He is IRRESISTABLE!!
Would love to see many more avatars of my cute little darling!!